God told Joshua not to go to the left or right of the Lord’s commandments. What does this mean. In other words God was telling Joshua, avoid extremes, have a balanced view of things. Bazalwane, BALANCE IS KEY!!
1. I have spoken with a lot of people who subscribe to reformed theology (Cessationist). They don’t believe in any working of the spirit, they specialize with “truth”. So now because they have “truth” they just want to debate and argue. They will argue the WHOLE DAY debating scripture semantics. Each time I talk to Cessationists I feel like Im biltong (dried meat). Really they give me this headache.., and they truly do a good job at quenching the Holy Spirit. So you can see this is an extreme view.
Then there are those Charismatic extremist who absolutely are just running with the “Spirit” and not checking anything with scripture. They are always talking about some manifestation, some vision, prophecy..Oh this morning I was having coffee with Jesus, last night I saw Jesus baking muffins in my kitchen, I could not go to work because I was just speaking with forceful tongues and rolling on the floor, Gabriel the angel appeared to me in the dream and I took spiritual selfies with him. What is this?? Another extreme!! If you go down this road, I am telling you,not very long you will be entertaining spirits of divination, you will start to see false visions, hear false prophecies and do things which are against the word of God. This is also an extreme view
However Jesus said true worshipers will worship in SPIRT AND TRUTH!! You cant just be a Spirit worshiper and jump around and prophecy without any regard to truth.. and you cant just specialize with “truth” and all you want to do is win arguments. Yes you need the Spirit but you also need the Truth. Balance is Key!
2. I get so many messages of people who believe that God has called them into the ministry so they want to start a church. One man once came to see me and said to me, each time he sees a man preaching, he has so much fire, he just wants to take the mic from him and to start preaching himself. I thought wow!! That’s a lot of Zeal. So I say to him, when you take them mic from the preacher what are you going to teach about? He did not know. I said, what is salvation, he did not know. What is Grace? What is Faith?
The more I spoke to this man is the more I realized he had almost never touched a Bible in his life, yet he want to snatch mics and start preaching. Who does that? Yes you may be called to be a doctor, but unless you can show me that you went to medical school, you have the right credentials you are not going to operate on me. I cant have someone operate on my heart just because they received “impartation” and have a calling!! A calling is fine, no problem with that, but if you are not thoroughly equipped for that training, you become a danger to yourself and others! Balance is Key!
3. Noah built the ark by faith but, he used measurements. There is a place for rational thinking in our walk of faith. Not all decisions should be made with blind hope! Balance is key!
4. Sarah’s pregnancy was a miracle, but it took nine months just like any other. God’s plans do not negate the importance of process. Sometime you need to wait or work it out. Balance is Key!!
5. The stone that killed Goliath might have been anointed, but David’s skill was also involved. Developing skills does not mean you are not anointed. If you play a piano, play it to the fullest. Don’t take us through the agony of listening to your cacophony in the name of “singing to the Lord”. Skills are important. Balance is Key!
6. Esther received favor to become queen, but she also bathed and prepared her appearance. Preparation is key to become fit for the occasion. Get knowledge, go to school. Prepare, because some of us expect nothing but the best from you! Balance is Key!
7. The promised land was full of milk and honey, but they also had to plow, feed cattle, and take care of sheep. Miracles are communication tools that God uses to instill trust, faith and the knowledge of his nature. You need to work, don’t expect miracles in a specific area of life all the time. Balance is Key!
8. Jerusalem had God as her Protector, yet he asked the Jews to Build the Walls thereof. Do not neglect physical necessities of life in the name of spirituality. That is why I always say to brothers in church, go to gym, eat healthy, you cant eat Chips, Coke and Magwinya everyday and when you get sick you say “The Devil” .the devil where? Yes the Lord heals our diseases, now does it mean we go and become reckless with our lives? You will die before your time!! Balance is Key!